Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Silence

I like silence. It is nice to sit and enjoy the silence. And sometimes as I am enjoying the silence, I forget. What is it I forget? Well, I forget that I have a two year old darling in the other room. I forget that silence to her means two things. What are those things?
1. Sleeping
2. Finding something mischievous to do and being really,really extremely quite so I don't get caught.

Let's just say she did NOT fall asleep. Oh no, her Daddy-O found her in this silent state with a marker (thankfully a dry erase, but still a marker) coloring on her belly, her new pajamas, her dresser, and her pillows.

Someday she may learn to enjoy the silence as I do, but until then, I must beware of quiet little girls!

3 comments:

Kim said...

ha! i've got one of those too. jenna got really quiet the other day and when someone decided to check on her she was writing in my bible with a pen.

let's get together sometime. call me when you are free.

Tamatha said...

Love those moments.... Ellie Kate did that once when I told her she couldnt eat anymore of her chocolate bunny at Easter. I couldnt find her and found her quite as a mouse behind my moms couch devouring her bunny!

Unknown said...

what a cute post! Silence is actually kind of hard for me... I mean, I like it, but it's kind of something I have to make myself practice. Then again, I don't have a two year old. I will probably appreciate it much more when I do. Man, your stuff looks really cool. Honestly, I had no idea you were so crafty! I am sorry I missed your last show, I am bad about checking my email. But I will most def try to make it on the 8th! Love ya, sista!!

Susan