Monday, October 13, 2008

Family Vacation

So, yes, I have been a blog slacker, but for a portion of my slacker time, I was on vacation. The fam and I went to San Antonio to experience Sea World together! We started our trip at 3am on Wednesday night thinking how brillant we were to travel through the night so our kiddos could sleep. UNTIL...my mom decides to be rather noisy as we load up the car! Noisy enough to wake my sweet little sleeper. So, as we head out , all three of us crammed in the backseat of my parents car, to conserve gas, we are confident that any minute she WILL fall asleep. But If you know Averi, you know she has a strong will. And that strong will only gave in for 1 hour of our 8 hour journey to San Antonio. Needless to say, we didn't get much sleep either! But, we got there, and got some great deals at the Gap Outlet on the way, I might add!

We spent our first day in downtown San Antonio. Our first stop was the Children's Museum, which did have some great features I was envious of, but did not provide the length of entertainment we had hoped.
Really cool hang outs for the little ones by the aquarium and in the dream tent with stars all over the ceiling! Loved it!
Then we headed to the river walk. Rode the boat and such. The next day was our first day at Sea World!!! Woo Hoo! When we got there we learned the water park was open. Ave got to ride some fun water slides and I was taken back to childhood days at White Water Bay! Quite fun!
Averi also loved the log ride at Sea World!!!

And who doesn't love Shamu! I mean it is truly amazing that people ride on and swim with this enormous fish!

And we say farewell to our home in San Antonio and dreadfully cram in to the back of my parents car for a fun ride back to Oklahoma! :)

No comments: